To maximize the security of your account, we recommend that you set up two-factor authentication (2FA). This ensures that even if your account password is compromised, an attacker still needs a second piece of information to access your account.
Download an authentication app
If you don't already have one, you're going to need a Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) authentication app for your smartphone. There are a number of options available, but apps we recommend include:
Set up 2FA
- Log in to your account as normal.
- In the top-right corner, click the initials of your name.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings page, open the SECURITY tab.
- Under Two-Factor Authentication, click Enable 2FA.
- Scan the QR code using your TOTP app. Your app will add a new item labeled "Unchained Capital" showing your username.
- Enter the six numbers shown on your authentication app and click Enable 2-Factor Authentication.
- You'll receive a message saying the 2FA setup has been a success before you're automatically logged out.
Logging into your account with 2FA
Now that you've set up 2FA, each time you log in to your account, after entering your username and password, an additional one-time passcode will be requested. You will need to make sure you always have your smartphone with the authentication app available to you to be able to log in to your account.
Resetting 2FA is a long process that requires verification by our team, so make sure you keep your smartphone and authentication app safe.