Identity and intent verification provides your account with an extra layer of security, ensuring that any security-sensitive actions on your account must be verified through the submission of a selfie video recording that confirms you want to perform the action.
Examples of occasions when we'd request a video verification include:
- Resetting your 2FA
- Creating a new transaction
- Replacing a key in your setup
Set up identity and intent verification
- Sign in to your account
- In the top-right corner, click the initials of your name.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings page, open the SECURITY tab.
- Under Identity & Intent Verification, click Record Identity Video.
- Click Request Access to Camera & Mic.
- Approve the browser request for access to your camera and mic. Depending on the browser you're using, the notification you'll see here may be quite different.
- You should now see yourself through your webcam. Click Start Recording, then read aloud the script. Onec you're finished, click Stop Recording.
- Play back the recorded video to confirm that the video and audio are clear. If you're happy with the result, click Submit Video.
- All done! Identity and intent verification has been set up. We'll use the video you just submitted to compare with any future video verifications.